May 17, 2010
- Welcome to the OIFC Network ("we", "us", "our" or "the Network"). The OIFC Network is operated by the Overseas Indian Facilitation Centre (OIFC), a not-for-profit public private initiative between the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for the purpose of providing information on investing into India to our Network members ("you" or "they").
- Please read these terms and conditions before using this network. By using this network you are agreeing to be bound by these terms.
- We may make changes to these Terms at any time. All changes to our Terms will be posted to this page. It is the user’s responsibility to check this page for any changes. Continued use of the site after the posting of changed Terms signifies acceptance of any changes posted.
- Privacy & Accountability
- Only you should use your username and password. It is not permissible to share individual accounts.
- In the case of corporate accounts the incorporated body only officers of the corporation may use the Network account.
- All postings and activities on the Network will be considered to have been posted by the individual or body owning the account used to post.
- All content posted by us on the site is owned by us and is protected by Indian and international copyright laws.
- Network members retain the copyright to all text that they post in the network. However, when you post text, you expressly grant us a perpetual, unlimited free license to republish that text on our site and to republish that text in print or electronic form anywhere in the world as part of an edited compilation or otherwise, including for commercial purposes.
- Members warrant that they have the right to post all information or material posted to the network. Should it become apparent to us that any information or material posted by a member has breached or may breach the intellectual property rights of a third party we may remove it at any time.
- Members indemnify, defend and hold harmless OIFC against all claims, damages, loss, expense or costs that arise directly or indirectly from any unauthorised use of the network or any materials or information posted to the network.
- Unacceptable Material
- We may remove any material or information that is disrespectful, lacking in civility or distasteful, pornographic, offensive, vulgar, threatening or abusive, illegal (including, without limitation, discriminatory on grounds of gender, race, nationality or religion), libellous or defamatory or which is linked to any other site that contains such material or information.
- Our right to remove such unacceptable material or information is entirely without prejudice to any other rights or remedies that we, our members and third parties may have in respect of the posting of such material or information.
- Members and other users will indemnify, defend and hold harmless OIFC against all claims, damages, loss, expense or costs that arise directly or indirectly from any posting by them of any unacceptable materials or information to the network.
- We are not responsible for the content of any information or material posted to the network or contained in any external sites that we may link to. Should a member reasonably complain to us about any content on the network or any linked site we will entirely at our discretion take steps to edit or remove the content or the link.
- If any member is found to have uploaded or attempted to upload or post any material or information to the network which contains any form of electronic virus, malicious software or other electronic threat to the network or any of its users the member’s membership will be terminated immediately without prejudice to any other rights or remedies that we, our members and third parties may have in respect of the posting or attempted posting of such material or information.
- Spam, Relevance and Advertising
- All material or information posted to the Network must be relevant to the Network and topic to which the material and information relate. We reserve the right to remove any irrelevant material.
- The network must not be used for spamming or for any form of advertising except as authorised by us. Occasional recommendation of a product or service is acceptable without specific authorisation at our discretion but repetitive recommendation or endorsement will be treated as unacceptable material and removed. If in our opinion such behaviour has continued deliberately or unreasonably we reserve the right to terminate the membership of the member or members concerned.
- Disclaimer of warranties and liability
- We provide the Network in good faith but we can't and don't warrant the completeness, truth or accuracy of the information or other content or postings found on our site, or their usefulness for any particular purpose. You acknowledge and agree that you bear full responsibility for your own research and decisions and that we shall not be liable for any action that you or others take or don't take based on your use of or reliance on information provided by us or other users of this Network.
- We don't promise that your access to our site, or its content will be delivered uninterrupted, timely or error-free, or that the site will be free from viruses or other harmful properties. It is your responsibility to implement satisfactory safeguards and procedures to make sure any files you obtain through our site are free from such contaminations or other harmful properties.
- We shall have no liability for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the network regardless of the form of action.
- Termination of Membership
- We reserve the right to terminate any membership at any time with or without notice for any breach of these terms and conditions or for any other reason entirely at our discretion.
- If any of these terms and conditions are held to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms and conditions are intended to apply, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term or condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining terms and conditions shall remain and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- Any failure or delay on our part to exercise or enforce any right in these terms and conditions shall not be held to be a waiver of such right or our right to enforce it.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of India the courts of which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
- Contact us
In case of any queries or comments regarding the above, please let us know at the email id email@example.com and we will revert back to you with clarifications.